Bet you think you know how to cook a baked potato? A quick ping in the microwave? You’ll never go back to that dreary microwave baked tattie when you try this. Crisp skin, fluffy insides and delicious. These can be made in advance and re-heated for later on that day or the next.
- 2 big potatoes (Maris Piper and King Edward are especially good, any large potato can do
- olive oil
- cheese (as much as your internal cheeseometer allows)
- Mustard (we used wholegrain)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Using a knife, score around the outside of the potato as if you are going to cut in half.
- Stab randomly with a fork all over the potato.
- Pour some olive oil into your hands and rub over the potatoes
- Place directly on the shelf in the oven and bake for 1¼-1½ hours.
- When cooked, the potato should be golden-brown and crisp on the outside and give a little when squeezed.
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Scoop out the insides and place into a large bowl.
- Mash the potato.
- Add your grated cheese.
- Add seasoning.
- Add mustard.
- Mix, mix mix until smooooooth.
- Place into potato shells.
- Place under the grill to crisp up the top a little.
Show Comments (0)