SWG3 Announce new restaurant residency from Cail Bruich
SWG3 has announced its latest restaurant residency. From Friday 5th April, Cail Bruich; the renowned 3 AA Rosette-awarded Glasgow restaurant, will bring their dining concept, called ‘MAD LAB’, to SWG3.
Located in the Acid Bar, SWG3’s café restaurant space, MAD LAB will run every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday until September. We really enjoyed the Ka Pao residency so will be sure to be trying this out!
MAD LAB originated as a series of hugely-popular evening events held within Cail Bruich, when each section in the kitchen was given free rein to create their own dishes based upon the freshest seasonal availabilities from Scotland’s natural larder. In contrast to Call Bruich’s more classical approach, MAD LAB pioneers an enhanced casual dining experience whilst exploring experimental cooking methods within the Acid Bar.
Some of the dishes to feature on the menu include, ‘Monkfish satay, burnt lime and peanuts’; ‘Confit duck doughnut, sour cherry and miso caramel’; and ‘Barbequed cauliflower and toasted almond butter’. In keeping with the ethos maintained by Cail Bruich, dishes have been designed around the seasonal ingredients and will evolve regularly throughout MAD LAB’s residency.
The MAD LAB team will be led by Head Chef, Jake Clayton. Jake commented, “We are very excited about moving into SWG3 for the next few months. It is a very creative corner of the city – lots of exciting things going on, which is why it felt like the right home for the first ever outing of MAD LAB beyond our base in Great Western Road.”
He added, “Diners can expect to find some familiar dishes, but reinterpreted using unusual ingredients and cooking techniques, such as fermentation, pickling and smoking. Ultimately, it’s all about bringing diners something different – interesting and innovative dishes served in an equally innovative space.”
Meryl, SWG3’s Commerical Manager, said, “This is our third SWG3 residency since opening Acid Bar. KA PAO and Ox and Finch were both huge successes and we’re very excited to welcome MAD LAB from the beginning of April. SWG3 is all about showcasing creativity and cooking is no different from other creative forms, such as art and music.”
- £3.00 – Salted nuts, malt vinegar
- £4.50 – Padron peppers, smoked sea salt
- £4.00 – Crispy chicken skin, crème fraîche, bacon jam
- £7.00 – Grilled pear, Jerusalem artichoke, frozen blue cheese
- £6.50 – Salt-baked potatoes, cultured cream, pecorino, black garlic
- £6.00 – BBQ cauliflower, toasted almond butter
- £10.50 – Monkfish satay, burnt lime, peanut
- £6.50 – Citrus-cured sea bream, umeboshi plum, wakame cracker
- £8.50 – Queen scallop thermidor (baked in the shell)
- £11.50 – Smoked beef cheek, sour kohlrabi, lovage mustard
- £8.00 – Confit duck doughnut, sour cherry, miso caramel
- £7.50 – Raw beef, charcoal oil, caper, frozen horseradish
- £6.00 – Date & ale cake, cultured crème fraîche, smoked caramel
- £6.00 – Yeasted berry pavlova, clotted cream
- £7.50 – Grilled tunworth, treacle bread, black truffle
100 Eastvale Place
From Friday 5th April
Thurs & Fri 6 – 9pm
Saturday 12 till late
Sunday 10 – 3
To find out more or book a table, please visit: www.madlabglasgow.co.uk
Show Comments (0)