Glasgow Science Centre Adults Only
You can make your own DNA daiquiri, take part in interactive coffee roasting sessions, learn about our national drink with Clydeside distillery and nibble on some edible insects.
Activities on the night includes:
- Gastronaut Live– Join Gastronaut Theo Blossom on an explosive, edible exploration of the science behind what we eat and drink. Get up close and personal with the creepy crawlies that might be on our menus in the not too distant future.
- Gin Bar- visit GSC’s bespoke Gin bar stocked with your favourite tipple including Edinburgh Rhubarb & Ginger Gin, Persie Sweet & Nutty Old Tom Gin and Sipsmiths Sloe Gin to name a few.
- Make your own DNA Daiquiri- Mix up your very own drinkable experiment extract strawberry DNA.
- The Science of Coffee with The Good Coffee Cartel- An exploration of the science behind coffee, with interactive sessions on roasting, tasting, aromas with the Cartel Boyz.
- Food Lab- Did you parents tell you not to play with your food? Get experimental and discover the science behind everyday food items.
- Liquid Academy Drinks Lab- Buy a cocktail to tantalize your taste buds in the liquid academy drinks lab.
- Clydeside Distillery: Whisky’s in Glasgow’s Blood- Discover the history of Glasgow and our whisky. Learn how our craftsmen distil our new spirit by hand, using all the senses. We know from experience that this time-honoured method is the best way to create beautiful new make spirit.
- Tea form tea innovators, how do you drink yours?- Find your perfect brew with Eteaket, try tea lattes, exciting blends and colour changing tea!
- The story of a staple: Victorian flour adulteration and analysis- Bread was a key part of the Victorian workers’ diet but the flour was often adulterated to increase the profit margin. Explore bread made with ‘cut’ flour, and discover how the birth of analytical chemistry protected the consumers of the day.
- S.Luca Ice Cream- Sample S.Luca’s premium dairy ice cream made in Scotland from their ice cream trike.
Visitors can also get hands on with nearly 400 interactive exhibits including the energy dance floor, hurricane tunnel and giant hamster wheel. Plus, have a boogie in the silent disco and explore the cosmos in the planetarium….phew!
Tickets to Science Lates: Taste can be bought online at www.glasgowsciencecentre.org for £15 for adults and £10 for students.
Friday 1st June 2018