Win whisky with ice (literally)!
Fancy visiting Edinburgh’s only Ice Bar? The Shackleton Ice Bar will be popping up on George Street from 17th – 24th December and we have two tickets to give away to one lucky reader (RRP £7 per person).
Shackleton Blended Single Malt Whisky has a great story behind it. It was inspired by the famous polar explorer, Sir Ernest Shackleton, who set sail upon his small ship, Nimrod, in 1907. In 2007, a century after the expedition, three cases of perfectly preserved whisky was discovered, frozen into the ice beneath Shackleton’s base camp. Those bottles of whisky were the remnants of Shackleton’s rations which had included 25 cases of Mackinlay’s Rare Old Highland Malt Whisky. Now, over a century later, world-renowned Master Blender, Richard Paterson, has carried out a painstaking analysis to re-create the antique whisky and has used this as a foundation to create Shackleton – a new premium Scotch whisky that embodies the legendary explorer’s spirit for today.
At the Shackleton Ice Bar you can enjoy an Antarctic Hot Toddy made with Shackleton Whisky and hot and spicy cloudy apple! With a setting of -10 C, be sure to wrap up!
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN
We have two tickets to the Shackleton Ice Bar to give away.
To be in with a chance of winning a trip for you and a friend just leave a comment with who you’d like to share a Shackleton Whisky with at the Ice Bar bar!
Retweet and follow @Foodieexplore and @the_shackleton for a chance to win!
Tag a friend and follow @shackletonwhisky on Instagram to win the chance to visit Edinburgh Christmas!
The contest closes midnight 16th December 2017.
🎄 GOOD LUCK! 🎄
Terms and Conditions
– Competition will run until 16 Dec 2017
– Competition only open to participants aged 18 or over
– Competition winners will be chosen by (@FoodieExplore)
– Competition winners will be contacted by (@FoodieExplore) by 16 Dec
– Winners’ names and contact details will be taken from (@FoodieExplore) and passed on to the promoter for the issuance of tickets
– Winners will receive a confirmation email from the promoter which must be printed and presented at the Edinburgh Christmas Box office located on 115 George St, Edinburgh EH2 along with proof of ID
– Tickets and voucher valid from 17 Nov – 24 Dec 2017 and must be redeemed during this timeframe
– This competition will issue a maximum of 1 competition prizes, each prize consisting of x2 tickets to Edinburgh Christmas and x2 complementary Shackleton drinks at the Ice bar
– There are no costs associated with entering this competition
– Please note travel to and from Edinburgh Christmas is NOT included
Tickets and drink vouchers to be collected from the Box Office at Edinburgh Xmas to ensure ID is checked and to avoid reprinting/multiple use of the email vouchers for the drinks.
– Valid from 17 November to 24 December 2017
– This voucher entitles one person only, aged 18 or over 1x measure of Shackleton Whisky only
– Voucher can be redeemed at the Ice Bar on George Street only
– Please note that you may be asked for proof of age on redemption
– This voucher is issued by the promoter Whyte & Mackay
Show Comments (3)