June Winemaker Series with Greece, Macedonia, Georgia and Lebanon
For their June Winemaker Series, Wine Events Scotland are going to be heading right off the beaten track virtually visiting some lesser-known wine regions in Greece, Macedonia, Georgia and Lebanon with a winemaker known for seeking out emerging wine regions and innovation.
There are two sessions on the first session:-
Thursday 17 June
For the first week a couple of producers in the south of Mainland Greece and over to Kefalonia Island enjoying the following wines;
1. Monemvasia Winery, Kydonitsa, Tsimbidi, Laconia 2019, Greece (white wine)
2. Domaine Foivos, Robola ‘Black Label’, Kefalonia Island 2020, Greece (white wine)
3. Gaia Wines Notios’ Red, Peloponnese 2019, Greece (red wine)
Thursday 24 June
another adventure visiting around the Black and Mediterranean Sea from Lebanon, Georgia and to North Macedonia;
1. Château Oumsiyat, Assyrtico, ‘Cuvée Membliarus’, Bekaa 2. Valley, Bekaa Valley 2018, Lebanon (white wine)
3. Vachnadziani Winery, Kakheti, Saperavi ‘Classical’ 2017, Georgia (red wine)
Cuvee Methodius’, Vranec, Tikveš 2019, Republic of North Macedonia (red wine)
How do the Tastings Work?
When you place your order, you’ll receive a case of 6 wines by Tuesday 15th June. The tastings will start each evening at 7 pm and tastings will last about an hour.
Please note only one order per household is required – providing of course you’re happy to share the wines and the PC screen!
Delivery is £5 within the Edinburgh bypass or Portobello. Elsewhere in the UK, it’s £13
What to expect in your order
Tickets for this 2-week experience are £85 which includes the 6 wines, 6 different producers, 2 great tastings and 2 superb evenings.
Online Thursday 17th June and Thursday 24th June 2021.
Order your ticket online via Wine Events Scotland Website.
You can also subscribe to Foodie Explorers to keep up to date
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.