ALDI LAUNCH 15TH SCOTTISH BEER FESTIVAL
Today (Thursday 28th June) sees the launch of a host of Scottish breweries are celebrating ALDI’s 15th Scottish Beer Festival.
The summer festival will feature 35 beers and ales from the small batch, up-and-coming and established brewers contributing to Scotland’s worldwide reputation for incredible craft beer.
Eleven of the beers featuring in the festival are exclusive to ALDI:
· Complicated Maisie Pale Ale (£1.49/330ml) from Ayr Brewing
· Summer Cloud (£1.29/330ml) from Born in the Borders Brewery in Edinburgh
· Golden X (£1.69/500ml) from Burnside Brewery in Laurencekirk
· Hurricane (£1.49/330ml) from Windswept Brewery in Lossiemouth
· Hippy Chick (£1.69/330ml) from Hybrid Brewing in Grangemouth
· Redact (£1.49/330ml) from Williams Brothers Brewery in Alloa
· On The Road (£1.69/330ml) from Beer Story in Aberdeen
· First Day (£1.69/330ml) from Fyne Ales in Cairndow
· Eyeball Black (£1.49/330ml) from Eyeball Brewing in Cockenzie
· Onyx (£1.69/330ml) from Lawman Brewing Company in Glasgow
· Whiteout (£1.49/330ml) from Cromarty Brewing Co in the Highlands
Eight Scottish breweries are also making their ALDI Scottish Beer Festival debut, including:
· Merchant City Brewing in Glasgow – Vienna Lager (£1.69/330ml)
· Bute Brewing in Rothesay – RED (£1.69/500ml)
· Ferry Brewery in South Queensferry
· Black Isle Brewery in Munlochy – Blonde (£1.49/330ml)
· Broughton Ales in Biggar – Old Jock (£1.79/500ml)
· 71 Brewing in Dundee – Dundonian Pilsner (£1.49/330ml)
As the headline sponsor of the Scottish Beer Awards, ALDI is proud to bring five 2017 award-winners to shelves as well as nine 2018 finalists.
Kirsten Speirs, Founder of The Scottish Beer Awards, said: “The summer beer season is now upon us and Scottish brewing is leading the way with a fantastic range of delicious beers on offer. The ALDI Scottish Beer Festival gives the curious beer drinker a great opportunity to try something new from a diverse range of high quality beers, all made in Scotland.”
To celebrate the Scottish Beer Festival, ALDI has teamed up with Innis & Gunn to give away a £50 voucher to spend at Beer Kitchen Edinburgh, where great beer is paired with delicious food. Find out about how to enter in-store. Click here for tasting notes for the beer.