What to see and do at BBC Good Food Show Scotland 2015
Top 5 Tips!
1. Get a programme – pick one up at the door as you come in, this has times, floor plan and recipes for taking home and making later.
2. Leave your jacket in the cloakroom – it’s roasting!
3. Bring bags or use the shop and drop facility.
4. Get your cash before entering – there is a free Clydesdale Bank ATM in the lobby but once you get inside the machines charge!
5. Remember your water – there are lots samples of the alcoholic variety so take time out for a drink of Adams Ale.
What to see:
The Diageo Cocktail Masterclass was great fun, get in quick to register a space. For £10 you get some banter, a chuckle and get to make two cocktails: one with Haig Whisky and one with either Gordons Gin or Smirnoff Vodka. It was great fun and I learned loads.
Gigha Halbut – delicious, you will be smitten! Farmers Market area.
Aye Love Real Food – the best Scotch eggs ever, FACT! PB2
Mhor Bread – delicious bread, saves a trip up to Callander. B59
Jaw Brewery – 18 months old and going from strength to strength. C45.
Daffy’s Gin – amazing design and lovely gin D106
Pickering’s Gin – Edinburgh based company, great gin. F54
HECK – sausages that are delicious – play spot the HECK bag! C62
Ramsay of Carluke – Best bacon and black pudding, try some and buy some! B52
McIntosh Foods – no Mr Macaroni but lots of samples to try C60
The Lidl area is where to head if you are hungry – so many free samples, you will burst!
Roots Fruits and Flowers – winners of Best Independent Food Shop