371 total views, 0 views today
Quirky pancakes for pancake day
This Shrove Tuesday, Graham’s the Family Dairy have created some weird and wonderful pancakes.
How about olive and white chocolate? tuna and orange? or peanut butter and curry powder?
Graham’s ambassador and Great British Bake Off star, Flora Shedden, has whipped up a basic recipe for the perfect pancake as the ideal base for Graham’s quirky flavours, using Graham’s Gold Top milk and butter – made using milk from the Jersey cows, famous for its creamy texture and rich, buttery taste.
The crazy flavours are:
· Salted chocolate is a well-known favourite, but Graham’s are suggesting the salt sweet combination of olives and white chocolate. The olive’s salty bitterness cuts thought the creamy, vanilla notes of white chocolate, creating a moreish combination.
· A staple cupboard go-to, tuna is a versatile ingredient. Pair it with vibrant, zesty orange for contrasting flavours, texture and colours.
· Peanut butter and curry powder is an unusual combination that surprisingly works. The mild curry packs a punch against the subtle sweetness of the peanut butter.
To start you’ll need so perfect pancakes, so here is Flora’s recipe.
Flora’s Perfect Pancakes Recipe
– 225g self-raising flour
– 40g caster sugar
– 1 tbsp golden syrup
– 250ml Graham’s Gold Top milk
– 1 large egg
– Graham’s slightly salted butter for cooking
For the pancakes weigh all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until the batter is smooth. Heat a little Graham’s butter in a nonstick frying pan and use a piece of kitchen roll to make sure the whole pan is covered. Spoon in dollops of the batter, making it as round as possible. The pan should be on a medium heat. Allow to cook for a few minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for a further few minutes until golden brown.
Graham’s Weird and Wonderful Pancake Creations
Olive, White Chocolate and Mozzarella
Slice 3 pitted green olives, a handful of white chocolate buttons and tear a small ball of buffalo mozzarella, sprinkle over your pancake and serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Tuna and Orange
Season half a can of tuna in spring water, mix with the zest and juice of 1 orange and a glug of olive oil. Serve on your pancake, garnished with orange slices and spring onion.
Peanut Butter and Curry Powder
Spread a generous dollop of crunchy peanut butter on top of each pancake, serve with whipped Graham’s double cream seasoned with a sprinkle of mild curry powder and a sprinkle of coriander.
Come say hello