152 total views, 1 views today
Pancakes are just made for bananas and caramel.
- 45g Bonne Maman Caramel
- 75ml clear apple juice
- 75g plain flour
- Pinch ground cinnamon, optional
- Large pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, (2 very ripe)
- 25g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
- 150ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract, optional
- First make the Toffee Apple Sauce.
- Put the caramel in a small saucepan with the apple juice and stir together over a low heat for 2-3 mins, until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the next 5 dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mash the 2 very ripe bananas with the butter, buttermilk and vanilla until well blended.
- Fold into the flour mixture.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat and wipe out the pan with a little extra butter or oil.
- Drop a large spoonful of pancake batter into the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
- Wait until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and bubbles begin to appear on the top then flip the pancake over with a fish slice or spatula.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with the remaining sliced bananas and the warm Toffee Apple Sauce.