Hello and welcome to Foodie Explorers®, which is a food, drink and travel site for you especially if you love travel, food, history and culture, and recipes. We are based in Glasgow so a lot of our posts cover Glasgow/Edinburgh area however we love to travel for good food so check out our map as this shows all of our reviews.
Plan your next homemade meal, evening out or getaway with Foodie Explorers®
- Crossrail Elizabeth Line opens today
- Belvedere Organic Infusions Terrace Now Open
- Andrews Restaurant, Grays Inn Road, London
- Bardinet Coffee Brandy now on sale
- New 5th Birthday Beer from Campervan Brewery
- Cheese Barge, London
- New underground tasting tours in Edinburgh for World Whisky Day
- New restaurant and bar to open in Marine Troon
Here are links to our recipes from traditional Scottish cookery to Brussels sprout pakora!
See more Recipes
What to drink
Looking for something to drink? Here are links to our reviews.
- Glasgow coffee festival brews up two weeks of caffeine-fuelled deals
- William Bros Launch Juicy Joker
- Samuel Gelston’s Launch New Cream Liqueur just in time for Easter
- Easter Tea from Fortnum & Mason
- SCOTTISH RUM DISTILLERY SMASHES £300K CROWDFUNDING TARGET
- New Gordon's Tropical Passionfruit
- Inverroche gin gift set for Mother's Day
- The Whisky Barrel pioneer new authentication system for Scottish Whisky Industry
See more What to drink
Where to eat
Looking for somewhere to eat? Here are links to our reviews.
- 48 hours in Newcastle
- The Scallops Tale Bearsden opens 2nd May
- Gost Glasgow
- Cheese Conveyor Belt Restaurant in London Pick And Cheese
- 50 years of the Ubiquitous Chip
- The Full List of MICHELIN Star Restaurants in the Great Britain & Ireland Guide 2022
- Food Review: The Ledbury, London
- New Bib Gourmands - The MICHELIN Guide Great Britain & Ireland 2022
See more where to eat reviews →
Where to stay
Looking for an escape? Here are some places we thought worthy of writing about.
- The California Hotel, Kings Cross, London
- Pine Trees Hotel, Pitlochry
- The Whispering Pine Lodge
- Romantic Scottish getaways for Valentine‘s Day
- Discover Ayrshire and Arran Foodie Trails Day 3
- Discover Ayrshire and Arran Foodie Trails Day 2
- Duisdale House - Isle of Skye Hotel
- Fingal - a night on Edinburgh's floating luxury hotel
See more Where to stay
What to see
You've found somewhere to stay and somewhere to eat, but what else to do whilst you are there.
See more what to see→